HOODY1 Ceiling Speaker Fire & Acoustic Hood - 5″ - 6″ Round
HOODY1 Ceiling Speaker Fire & Acoustic Hood - 5″ - 6″ Round is available to order and will ship in 2-3 working days.
HOODY is a range of Fire and Acoustic speaker hoods that will bring all your installations into conformity with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings and walls. The regulation states that once a hole has been made in a buildings fabric for a speaker the integrity of its construction and its ability to perform in a fire is significantly reduced.
HOODY 1 meets all the UK building and IEE Regulations. HOODY is especially designed for in-ceiling speakers and features a fire rating of up to 90 minutes, is Parts B,L,C and E compliant and covers all makes of speakers from 5″ to 6″ designs.
Hoody, due to its acoustic construction will also stop a large amount of backwards sound leakage from the speakers to adjacent rooms, making in-ceiling speaker installation below a child’s bedroom for example, achievable.
We suggest an Acoustic Fire hood is fitted to all in-ceiling speaker locations, but it’s a requirement for all in-ceiling speakers that are installed in or adjacent to habitable rooms or within a location of access or escape.
RETAIN THE CEILINGS INTEGRITY: Prevents fire from penetrating the ceiling void and retains ceiling’s fire protection integrity It's an effective way to increase the fire protection of the ceiling and minimize the risk of fire damage in the event of an emergency.
- REDUCES SOUND LEAKAGE: Reduces speaker sound leakage to floors above. Acoustic rated for compliance with document E of the building regulations Its soundproofing capabilities make it a great choice for studios, commercial businesses, and other public spaces that require noise reduction.
EASY INSTALLATION: Lightweight & flexible cover can be fitted from below or above the ceiling. Installed in seconds and maintenance free It's an easy way to provide noise reduction for any space.
SUITABLE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: Can be used for retro fit or new build installations. Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings It provides a wide range of versatility and can be installed in nearly any application, from a suspended ceiling to a drywall construction. The hood fits snugly around the speaker for a secure, fire and acoustic compliant fit.
FULLY COMPLIANT: Fully complies with all UK and EU legislation under BS EN1363-1 2020 for up to 90 minutes which meets and exceeds Document B Building Regulations BS476 Part 23 & 21 (relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004).
- Retains ceiling's fire protection integrity
- Reduces speaker sound traveling to floor above
- Acoustic rated for compliance with document L of the building regulations
- Lightweight & flexible cover fitted from below the ceiling
- Installed in seconds. Maintenance free
- Can be used for retro fit or new build installations
- Can be used in suspended or plasterboard ceilings
- Fully complies with all UK and EU legislation under BS EN1363-1 2020 for up to 90 minutes which meets and exceeds Document B Building Regulations BS476 Part 23 & 21 (relating to audio and fire dispersion in the home Parts E & F – 2004)
- Also complies with 18th Edition IEE Regulations
- Tested to EN 6069 (1997)
- Diameter 265 / Depth 160
What You Get
What You Get
- 1 x HOODY Fire Hood
- 1 x User Manual
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
K&B Audio are authorised dealers for HOODY. All sales come with a 1 Year manufacturers warranty and full technical support.