Speaker Firehood designed for use with 6-8" Round Speakers with a Cut-Out Size of upto 300mm (Dimensions - 360mm*170mm(H)).
The Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood has been designed specifically for in-ceiling speakers and conform with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings.
- Wrap around design ensures improved acoustic, fire and thermal performance.
- No Fixings required - Hood is clamped firmly to plasterboard by the speakers swing clamps.
- Triple layer construction. Two intumescent layers encase fire retardant acoustic foam.
- Fire Red indicates to other trades, this is a fire safety product.
- Suitable for installation in suspended or plaster board ceilings.
- Restores the ceiling's fire integrity.
- Fully compliant with IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings - BS476 Parts 21, 23 for acoustic and fire dispersion.
- Reduces sound leakage into room above.
- Simple and rapid fixing free installation from below or above the ceiling.
Installing these firetopper pro firehoods are simple, easy and can be done even after the speaker has been installed.
- Measure your speaker with the firehood and cut the rim bigger if necessary (as shown in instructions)
- Cut / poke a small hole in the firehood (In the side) in the correct location for the speaker wires
- Put the hood through speaker hole in the ceiling recess
- Feed wires through the hood
- Use adhesive to glue the rim of the firehood to the rim of the inside of the speaker hole
- Put the speaker back into the speaker hole so that the ceiling speaker dog ears (Speaker clamps) grip the hood and ceiling at the same time
WHAT YOU GET
- 1 x Firetopper Pro Firehood
- 1 x Installation Instructions