If you love Sonos but want to keep and integrate your own high quality speakers, then the Sonos Amp is for you. With a mighty 125 watts per channel, it’s ideal for all speakers, including floorstanders and installation speakers. A wide range of inputs also make the Amp ideal for connecting a TV, games console, turntable (with phono pre-amp) or other music device.
Powerful amp built-in
With a mighty 125 watts per channel, the Amp is over twice as powerful as the Sonos Connect Amp. This level of power makes all the difference with inefficient speakers or for when you’re running larger speakers that need to fill a big room with immersive sound. For even more bass, use the sub output to connect your choice of powered subwoofer.
Top quality sound
The Sonos Amp isn’t just about power, it’s about sound quality, too. Featuring a Direct-digital feedback amplifier with discrete output stage, the Amp uses separate components for the highest quality sound and lowest distortion. Obsessive attention to detail even runs to black, painted circuit boards. These radiate heat better, keeping the Amp cooler for longer.
Connect up your TV and Hi-Fi
A handy HDMI socket makes it easy to connect your TV. If you’ve no spare HDMI socket on your TV, then purchasing an optional Sonos optical to HDMI convertor lets you use the TV’s optical output. For hi-fi sources, the Amp has a set of line level RCA phonos. These are perfect for a CD player, turntable (with built-in phono pre-amp) or any other music source with a line level output.
Use the award-winning Sonos app to play all your music in all your rooms. Compatible with not just the music stored on your device but also over 80 streaming services, the Sonos app is the only music app you need. Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, Tidal, Napster and Deezer are just a handful of the most popular services supported.
The Sonos system
Sonos gets better when you add more speakers. Play a movie in your living room, a podcast in the kitchen or the same music across all your Sonos devices – flexibility is key. The latest Sonos components link via your home Wi-Fi but for very best results, linking one component to an Ethernet connection will allow you to take advantage of the famous Sonos 'Mesh' system.
Strength through numbers
The more components you add, the stronger the dedicated wireless mesh becomes. Best of all, because it runs independently from your Wi-Fi, the reliability and strength of the signal is unaffected by Wi-Fi dropouts.
If you’d prefer to use Apple’s AirPlay instead of the Sonos app, then that’s not a problem with the Amp. AirPlay connects via your home’s Wi-Fi and lets you effortless stream audio from your Apple Mac, iPhone, iPod and other many other compatible devices.
Built for continuous improvement
With its smooth good looks, the Sonos Amp is designed to look every bit as good in years to come as it does now. Yet Sonos have taken the idea of design longevity further by engineering in the ability to update the electronics through future software updates.
Compatible with voice control devices
Simply connect to an Amazon Echo or Google Dot device over Wi-Fi and the Sonos Amp becomes part of your voice controlled smart home system.
Smart, thoughtful design
Every aspect of the Amp’s style has been thoroughly and thoughtfully designed. The compact design is easy to accommodate on a shelf or desk and can be stacked or placed side-by-side in a rack mounting system. The waffle-patterned base plate draws air through for efficient cooling and enhanced reliability. The Amp is one cool product; in every aspect of design
Make your Sonos system even more versatile, with the powerful and talented Sonos Amp.
WHAT YOU GET
- 1 x Sonos Amplifier
- 1 x Power Cable (2m)
- 2 x Banana Plugs
- 1 x Manual / Documentation
- Power 125 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- Output Stereo or dual mono sound
- Trueplay This software measures the acoustics of the room then fine-tunes your speakers.
- Home Theater Audio Formats Stereo PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround* (*This is not an indication of a licensed decoder.) The Sonos app's Now Playing screen will display what type of audio is being decoded.
- EQ Use the Sonos app to adjust bass, treble, and loudness to optimize sound performance.
- Dimensions Height: 2.52 in (64 mm) Width: 8.54 in (217 mm) Depth: 8.54 in (217 mm)
- Weight 4.6 lb (2.1 kg)
- Controls Use the capacitive touch controls on the product to play, pause, skip, replay, adjust the volume, and more.
- LED Light on the product indicates connection status.
- WiFi Connect to WiFi with any 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router. For 5 GHz routers, you can either enable 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n in router settings or hardwire a Sonos product.
- Speaker Output Connections Custom-designed banana plugs (2) that can be swapped for standard diameter banana plugs.
- Subwoofer Output Auto-detecting RCA type, user-adjustable 50-110 Hz crossover
- HDMI ARC Connect to your TV's HDMI eARC/ARC port with a HDMI cable.
- Voltage 100-240V 50/60Hz internal power supply
- CPU Quad Core 1.3 GHz A7
- Line-in Connect an audio device using an RCA cable.
- Ethernet Dual 10/100 port for hardwiring to your router
- Apple AirPlay 2 Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher